Friday, August 12, 2011

Drug blog back from break!

I think I've started the past few entries by apologizing for being such an irregular blogger ... that streak ends here!  Dissertating is not easy, but it is (almost) over.  Here's the deal: it's been an intense past few month stretch, I defended (!), graduated (!!), but have yet to formally file.  For those as unfamiliar with the idiosyncrasies of academia as I apparently was, in order to officially get my degree (as in the actual, physical piece of parchment), a finished dissertation has to be officially "filed" where it is meticulously checked page by page with a microscope by a librarian.  This process, according to a friend and recent graduate is "a total pain in the ass."

So I'm looking forward to that soon.  I have a bunch of blogs saved up on my hard drive (cloud? Never!) and many of them are about sensitive academic politics.  For my friends and most nerds, such juicy gossip and commiseration would likely be welcome.  But I'd like to wait until I actually get my degree before griping on a public blog about university policies and people who still hold my future in their hands.  Plus, c'mon, as much as I attempt to anonymize myself and human subjects, I'm barely anonymous.  In fact, I think my Android phone may have automatically outed me via Google+.

So drug blog posts ripping on the dissertation process will have to wait until later.  And though the dissie is almost done, this blog is not.  I had 645 pages of pharmacological poetry that I whittled down to 250, that extra type will end up here for sure.  A look at entries/deleted chapters to come:

- Conference feedback: "I can't believe he didn't know about bath salts!"
- What we can all learn from 4 1/2 episodes of "Intervention"
- Weed law changes: watch out, Chico!
- I got a new job! (hopeful entry)

No comments:

Post a Comment